Premium features and our highest level of particle and odor filtration.
The Riccar 40 Series Premium Vacuum (R40P.4) has all the features and technology that set it apart from every other vacuum on the market. Now, however, it’s been redesigned with improved usability. With an improved carry handle built into the vacuum, it’s easier to carry when needed. And we’ve changed the color to a rich black with gold accents. We haven’t cut corners with durability or performance.
It’s the ultimate vacuum for allergy sufferers. A seven-stage filtration system with a HEPA Plus media filter, HEPA media vacuum bag, and granulated charcoal filter ensures no dust escapes into the room, and odors are contained. The self-sealing bag prevents you from coming in contact with all the dirt the vacuum has removed.
Even when you can’t see deep-down dirt, the Riccar 40 Series Premium Vacuum (R40P.4) can. Its dirt sensor lets you know when the dirt is still hiding in your carpet so you can vacuum the gritty particles before they damage carpet fibers. This vacuum’s Hall Sensor stops the brush roll when it senses a jammed condition. Then it’s simple to remove the offending object and restart the vacuum, which means no more broken belts. Bag and filter sensors gently remind you when your vacuum needs attention.
Powerful tool cleaning starts with up to a 17-foot cleaning reach, engineered so pulling the hose doesn’t topple the vacuum. Deluxe onboard tools are at-the-ready, but we’ve also included a bonus handheld turbo brush for cleaning stairs and upholstery and the Soft Sweep floor tool with microfiber pad for spotless bare floor cleaning.
Outstanding durability is a hallmark of this Tandem Air vacuum. The handle tube, brush roll, bottom plate, foot pedal, and telescopic wand are all constructed of metal to withstand years of heavy use. Riccar backs this model with its longest upright vacuum warranty and the Red Carpet Service Plan both of which are honored at Bob’s Sew & Vac Center.
- Gold Seal of Approval – Carpet and Rug Institute tested for soil removal, soil containment, and carpet wear.
- Dirt Sensor – Red lights turn off when dirt has been removed.
- On-Board Tools – Tools are stored on-board for easy access.
- Red Carpet Service Plan – Offered at participating retail stores, this scheduled maintenance keeps the vacuum running at its best.
- Six-Position Carpet Height Adjustment – From extra-low to extra-high, select a setting for your specific pile height.
- 100% Sealed Filtration – For allergy sufferers, dust is completely contained with no leakage.
- LED Headlight – Ultra-bright headlight makes it easier to clean dark corners and under furnishings.
- Tandem Air Technology – Two motors work in tandem for the ultimate combination of in-floor cleaning and tool suction.
- Metal Brush roll with Replaceable Brush strips – A strong metal roller is designed to perform well and to last for many years. As you’d expect, brush strips are replaceable and are customizable to your home’s floors.
- Self-Sealing HEPA Media Bag – Meets HEPA filtration standard of 99.97% efficiency at 0.3 microns. Self-sealing bags are simple to attach and remove for clean disposal.
- Bonus Tools – Extra accessories help you clean more with the same vacuum.
- 17-Foot Cleaning Reach – A longer hose with a balanced design stretches further without tipping the vacuum.
- Surface Selector – With the flip of a switch, transition from deep carpet cleaning to gentle bare floor cleaning.
- Hall Sensor and Lifetime Belt Protection – Breaking a belt is a thing of the past with Hall sensor technology. When it senses a jammed condition, the brush roll stops until the jam is cleared. Then it’s back to vacuuming like nothing ever happened.
- HEPA Media Filter – Keeps particles trapped in the filter instead of blowing them back into the room.
- Granulated Charcoal Filter – Your best defense against pet odors.
- Check Filter Light – Lights up as a reminder to change the filter for maximum performance.
Tandem Air Technology combines two types of cleaning technology into one vacuum for exceptional carpet cleaning, strong suction for attachments, and advanced HEPA media filtration.
Dirt settling deep in carpet cuts into its fibers and destroys the carpet over time. Tandem Air vacuums harness a direct air motor to agitate and pull deep-down dirt from your carpet, along with a clean air motor to increase suction. A flip of a switch shifts cleaning to the tools. Our Tandem Air vacuums also combat odors and particulates with smart placement of filters.
All Riccar Tandem Air Vacuums have been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from the Carpet and Rug Institute.